It’s so easy to register on a UK directory to have access to reputable wholesalers. All you need to do is provide your email address and a password. Wholesalers are categorised under headings of the products they supply. Their companies can appear under many categories depending on the products they have in stock. Listings also show whether suppliers are:-
- Job lot suppliers
Check out the many wholesale products available to order online. There’s plenty of info of all the products they stock, the areas they deliver to along with whether they provide data feeds.
Should you need to get in touch with online wholesalers via a UK directory for locating suppliers, either send an email, make a quick telephone call or complete an online form with your email address and a short message. Wholesalers can let you know:-
- If there are any products not featured on their website
- If they supply a printed catalogue or promotional material
Take a look at the company’s full profile or click on their website for further information.
All about wholesalers
A wholesaler is the middle man, i.e. you don’t deal directly with the manufacturer. They have in stock many different manufacturer’s products which retailers can buy from them. It’s often not possible to go directly to the manufacturer, so this is where wholesalers come into their own. Reasons why manufacturers don’t supply to customers:-
- Certain types of products lend themselves to being supplied through wholesalers rather than directly.
- The manufacturer may have a prohibitive minimum order value which means they only deal with large accounts and refer smaller orders to the nearest wholesaler stockist.
- Wholesalers often offer a dropship service while some manufacturers do not.
- Manufacturers often don’t deal with customers unless they are accepted for a credit account. New businesses sometimes aren’t eligible for a credit account so would be referred back to the wholesaler.
Advantages of buying through a wholesaler
There are many advantages of buying products via a wholesaler who advertises their business online, some of which are as follows:-
- They are usually located within easy reach of your own business.
- You can buy products on a daily basis.
- You can buy in to order instead of holding stock, depending on the particular product.
- You can obtain stock at short notice and deal with faulty returns in person.
Opening an account with a wholesaler
Wholesalers only sell to resellers who are planning to sell the goods they buy. Some wholesalers sell to the public but have different price structures for resellers, maybe discounts for the price displayed. Customers need to provide:-
- A copy of a business letterhead
- VAT registration
- Company registration number
- Utility bill for your business premises
- A bank statement
If you need any further information or assistance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with online UK directory advisers who can help.