Singapore provides several investment opportunities in financial and trade sector. It has been predicted that by 2025, Singapore will handle one-third of the entire agricultural commodity trade in the world and will even overtake Switzerland.
Singapore presents robust financial markets that have been a primary funding source to cater to the needs of four billion people.
ETF or Electronic Trading Funds
As Singapore is mainly considered to be a trade destination, so ETF is the simplest and easiest method to make an investment in Singapore. This investment option offers diversified exposure of the country especially in the form of iShares MSCI Singapore Index.
This share has a NAV of more than $500 million with a holding of almost thirty different securities that makes it the best option to trade in Singapore market. If you are working professional or an entrepreneur who wishes to work in Singapore, then visit http://one-visa.com to apply for the work permit in a quick and easy way.
Another great investment option is mutual funds. One of the most popular close ended mutual funds is The Singapore Fund Inc. (SGF) that can yield you greater returns on locking the amount for the long term.
American Depositary Receipts (ADRs)
After ETF, the next option comes as American Depositary Receipts. Investors can buy these U.S. traded options of foreign securities. As this option provides have less diversification and liquidity, they are considered to be a less risky than mutual funds and ETFs.
Advantages of Investment in Singapore
As Singapore is the 3rd world’s highest income per capita, and the place with a maximum number of millionaires and lowest unemployment rates, this is one of the best places to invest.
Free and Open Economy
Singapore is regarded as one of the best financial centers of the world. It offers a plethora of opportunities to conduct business easy with favorable tax rates, and advanced infrastructure. Being a global business magnet, it is on its way to becoming a world leader in finance and business.
Reasons to choose Singapore for Investment
Some of the reasons that make Singapore the best investment options are mentioned below as:
- Ease of conducting business. Singapore has been ranked No.1 by World Bank to be the easiest country to do business in the whole world.
- Forbes magazine rated this country as the third wealthiest country in the world.
- As per Earnst and Young it is the third globalized economy among largest economies in the world.
- Best quality of life
- Better health care and education
- Largest foreign currency reserve per capita
- The financial hub of Southeast Asia
- Safe living environment
- Cutting edge business community
- Relaxed and stable lifestyle
- Asia’s No. 1 politically stable country
- Favorable tax rates
- Nil capital gains taxes or dividend in Singapore
- Nil estate, death or inheritance tax in Singapore
Little corruption, skilled workforce, low rates of tax, advanced infrastructure and strategic location makes Singapore one of the best contenders for parking your money. Thus, looking at these features, investment in Singapore proves to be very profitable for a person.